Where independence, quality, innovation, performance and service come as standard
Lochain Patrick was originally formed in 1987 by a group of London Market marine insurance specialists. The core founding members are still with the Company today, ensuring stability, longevity and the confidence you can rely on.
In 2014 we became part of the H.W. Kaufman Group which has provided us with the opportunities for growth and expansion within our niche markets, whilst maintaining the core principles of an independent marine broker.
Marine and energy markets underpin the modern world. Take a look at the annual averages: merchant marine operations typically contribute around US$380 billion to the world economy in freight rates alone, moving roughly 8 billion tonnes of cargo and 90 per cent of the world’s goods over 32 trillion tonne-miles1. In energy, the infrastructure investment required to meet projected global power demands from 2011 to 2035 stands at around US$38 trillion – or US$1.5 trillion per year, every year 2.
In financial terms alone, risk doesn’t come much bigger. You may be an overseas broker seeking the best protection for your marine and energy clients - or a shipping line/operator wanting high performance insurance that delivers at the moment of truth. That’s why it makes sense to work with a Lloyd’s accredited specialist who understands the truly unique set of risks you face, and who is able to deliver fast, independent access to the world’s strongest insurance markets.
We offer solutions across a range of marine and energy categories that help create efficiencies, savings and competitive advantage that maximise the protection you demand across areas that include:
- Assets and infrastructure: hull and machinery, disbursements and increased value, construction risks, yachts and power barges
- Security: political risk, war, terrorism, strikes, piracy, kidnap and ransom
- Financial: cash on board, mortgagees interest, mortgagees interest additional perils and loss of hire
- Third party: marine liabilities, protection and indemnity (International Group and Fixed Premium Markets)
- Onshore: ports and terminals
- Cargo: comprehensive asset protection and project cargo
- Contractors: equipment, mobile plant and motor truck cargo
- Oil and gas: control of property and well
- Renewable energy: marine cargo, delay in start-up, construction all risks, operational property damage, machinery breakdown and business interruption
Our aim remains simple: we use our knowledge and experience to broke bespoke, high performance marine and energy insurance products based upon independent Lloyd’s accreditation and trusted personal representation across two key sectors.
Wholesale marine and energy insurance: placing wholesale business into specialist Lloyd’s markets for overseas brokers seeking bespoke cover for their clients in the strongest insurance markets.
Retail marine insurance: placing comprehensive marine policies directly for international shipping lines, owner operators, managers or charterers seeking the peace of mind that comes with expertly-designed, Lloyd’s accredited cover.
Competitive pricing, bespoke policy packages and a high level of wholesale and retail capability ensure we deliver cover and support you can rely on.
If you would like to find out more simply contact us on +44 (0)207 398 1700.
1 International Chamber of Shipping – Shipping Facts in World Trade, 2012
2 International Energy Agency (IEA), World Energy Outlook Report, 2011